Wise Owl Legal has specific requirements to function correctly and optimally. If your computer does not meet these requirements, Wise Owl Legal may function with reduced speed, functionality or not function at all. The Wise Owl Legal cannot provide support unless your computer meets these requirements.
Wise Owl Legal Software requires frequent updates to be applied. Our routine updates are automated.
Wise Owl Legal will run on a Browser environment on the latest browsers. For security reasons, we recommend you keep your operating systems and browsers up to the latest releases.
User computers need to be Windows 10 or later, with a minimum of 8 GB Ram. PC’s need to be an Intel i5 processing power or equivalent or better.
Use of our Documents Module and Outlook Helper Module requires Office 2016 or later. As we use the cloud enabling enhancements found in recent versions of Microsoft Office. Subscribing to Office 365 will allow you to stay up to date with the latest versions.
Your web browser is the most important component to consider when using Wise Owl Legal.
Important: You should always keep your web browser up to date.
New versions are released frequently and contain important security fixes, performance improvements and additional features. But always check with your IT department before upgrading your web browser, as the upgrade may cause problems with other websites you use.
Wise Owl Legal is developed using the current HTML5 web standards. It should work on any modern web browser supporting HTML5. However, the following web browsers are officially supported in Wise Owl Legal (on desktop and mobile devices):
- Mozilla Firefox versions up to 6 months old
- As new versions of Firefox are released every 6-8 weeks, we only support versions released in the last 6 months. We recommend upgrading to the most current version as soon as it becomes available.
- The most current Firefox Extended Support Release is also supported for 12 months after release.
- There are portable versions of Firefox available from PortableApps which do not require administrative rights to install.
- Australian English dictionaries are available for download. We recommend installing the “en-GB” version of Firefox for best Australian language support.
- Google Chrome versions up to 6 months old
- As new versions of Chrome are released every 6-8 weeks, we only support versions released in the last 6 months. We recommend upgrading to the most current version as soon as it becomes available.
- Chrome does not require administrative rights to install.
- Australian English dictionaries are installed by default, but may require manual activation.
3. Microsoft Browser
Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 or later
- Apple Safari up to 6 months old
- Safari is recommended for Macintosh computers and iPhone / iPad devices.
- Although Safari works under Microsoft Windows, other browsers are usually a better alternative.
Tablet and Phone Devices
Wise Owl Legal is primarily designed for use on desktop system. While some support for iOS and Android based devices is available, we do not recommend using mobile devices for bulk data entry. We recommend using tablet devices primarily for viewing documents and other information, and use a larger device to maximise your productivity.
Any device that has access to a browser, including:
- Tablets (e.g. Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, Amazon, Google)
- Smart Phones
Wise Owl Legal will run on a local browser on Windows, Mac or Android. The server installation is Windows based, in a hosted environment stored in our secure data-centre.
Amazon AWS Sydney Australia (current)
Amazon AWS US East (North Virginia) (coming soon)